Saturday, October 3, 2015

Mehrauli archaeological park with it's baolis

today I showed Mr M the Mehrauli park 
he hasn't been around as much as me so today I was the guide


first stop was Gandhak ki baoli...
gandhak means sulphur
they named it after the smell of the water


this is the largest stepwell ever built in Delhi....you can't see because of the water but there's a couple of storages below the waterline...so it's deep..
  built around the year 1230


just outside this man was working...sewing...


all smiles


then we walked inside the park and climbed up on one of the tombs 
it kind of gives you the jungle book feeling with the ruins and the forest


did see the minar of a masjid too.....


 the Rajon ki baoli was next.....


more water in it today than last time I was here
too bad  there where a group of loud young indian males around
there usually is though now that I think about it so I don't recommend any ladies to come here alone


next to the well is this mosque 


I'm sad to say that nothing has happened regarding all the waste that is dumped all over the park


on our way out I met this little guy
he made my day with his green horns

hope you're enjoying your weekend dear reader
we sure are













No comments:

Post a Comment