Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Village life behind the Sheetla in Gurgaon

driving home from Sheetla through the village, -s around the temple is really interesting
it's always really busy,
mostly because there are so many vendors selling everything you need for the puja,
the prayers....
the roads are more like alleys...
last time I went through I took some shots through the window because we where stuck behind
some protesters holding up the traffic,

well, I did roll down the car window !


small, smaller and even smaller candle holders....handmade of course....


oil goes in with a wick....


colour for the bindi....


fascinating with all these old scales....weighing machines....


water jars...



new one arrived....


she did look happy....


happy faces and a cute dog...


so liked the decor on the house and she was also happy to see me..


a charpai (daybed) in the making....and of course a broom...


looked like an old haveli.... really interesting...
need to go back and get in there...


 ballons or balls...in between...I think...colourful though !
I did stop at a very special place also but I'll show you that at another time..

today is all about sightseeing and fabric !
you see, my daughter and her husband arrived yesterday
so I'll, we'll be busy busy for a while
I will try and show you some of the things we do though.









No comments:

Post a Comment