Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Rubber trees

turns out I had some more pictures that I wanted to show you
ooops
I saw all these rubber trees with "umbrellas" and it got me curious
(in Kerala)


so when I saw a man working on the trees I jumped out of the car and jumped over a wall 
ended up in a water filled field of rubber trees


he was working really fast so ....


after the usual greeting Namaste I tried to show him what I wanted and since he wobbled his head back I think he understood what I wanted


he cleaned the "track" in the bark with his special knife...
I wanted to know how often he needs to do this...every day or once a week...
but the language barrier made it difficult...someone who knows?


"trash" went in the bucket on his back...


then he showed me how the rubber runs down the holder..see..
if raining to much they put the umbrella on...to save the rubber....


and then he was off again and I kind of said thank you and good bye..
and I splashed my way back to the car
first time in a field of rubber trees
I learn new things every day !



No comments:

Post a Comment