Thursday, September 4, 2014

The temple on the hill

as promised I will show you the temple I visited yesterday
I forgot to write down the name of it though...too bad...will find out and tell you...
I know that I have shown pictures from oh, so many temples but
everything in India revolves around the religion 
and I always meet interesting people at the temples so....





the top of these towers you can see from quite far away embedded in greenery


there was some celebration going on so when I walked in they where preparing food 
three different kinds of bread, puri - halua and channa, vegetables and sweets..
 everyones who comes gets a free meal...

as you can see these guys where in charge of the bread making


channa in the making
as always around, in the temples they sit right there on the ground baking


freshly cooked puri


I always find lots of men sitting around....talking....smoking....??



two colourful ladies ringing the bell before prayer


prayer - puja....don't know why this particular spot in the rocks where the place for the puja ?


all gathered around the fire that was part of the celebration...
as always I was invited to come an sit and take part...


this temples sadhu - holy man, sitting in front of Shiv ji..


Shiv ji



fascinating that some decide to devote their life to religion like this...
so wish I could go to Varanassi ....

got to run....old rajender naghar is waiting for me....
my printer has his office there so...
see ya'


No comments:

Post a Comment