Sunday, August 31, 2014

Rajokri temple+monsoon rain=problems being a photographer

For the last two weeks I have been saying
" Oh I so wish it would rain..we so need the rain.."
today I was being heard I tell you

 I was heading for a temple in the village of Rajokri 
when both my driver and I said....hmmm....very dark sky...it's going to rain....
what we didn't know was how much
so we headed out there
and once there 
you can only guess what
yes, the sky opened up and it was like the bucket challenge
well, except for the ice cold water
here it comes down warm

so today was all about staying in the car and looking
and it was so worth it...even though....
but I need to go back when no rain in sight


close to the Aravali hills lays this colourful temple....
I couldn't even roll down the window at this time


the peacock actually stayed....well, at least for 30 seconds or so but..still
seems like he enjoyed the rain....even though it was raining SO hard


everybody at the temple was sitting here ...hiding from the rain....
once we stopped and I pulled out my camera the sadhu started fixing with his hair..
he so wanted to show me...


here we go...all done...even the dog sat up when I shot the picture...
again from inside the car but I did roll down the window..
shouldn't have done that....we had a swimmingpool inside the car !
and that was after about 30 seconds...


I switched lenses because of the water and when I shot the next picture he had put his hair up again..
he was quite cool either way


I said good bye and told my driver that we do need to come back
and at that point someone turned on the water even more
so we actually had to stop for a while


just had to show you...

it was still good that it rained today...
even though I thought I would get stuck in the village....
it is so needed....
and when it comes to taking pictures...
I can always take another shot another day








No comments:

Post a Comment