Sunday, May 11, 2014

In Manjhawali village

The other day I was on my way to Yamuna River outside of Faridabad...quite the bumpy ride I must say, but it took me through many villages so I got to see lots....
on the outskirts of the Manjhawali village, really close to the Yamuna River I saw this field with the farmers working ....and I just had to get out and have a look and see if I could talk to them....
turned out to be one of the most memorable moments....


I saw these really neat fields filled with water and I instantly thought about rice....but it wasn't....
turned out to be...


green chilli, coriander, onions, egg plant and some kind of  cucumber like pumpkin....


and this beautiful bird with friends really liked the fields...


the man greeted us and welcomed us to look at his fields....us being my driver and me...


his wife was planting "animal food" and working on the onions...


he had a field of eggplants...the colour was just wonderful....


huge field of green chilli...when left for longer time it turns red....


herb number one,  milch..coriander...


the straw hut is like a day hut when working in the field... most of all shelter from the sun...


it was noon and really hot so it was time to go home with some food for the animals...


he seemed like he was a happy farmer ...big enough fields for his family and the crop had been good so far...I asked if i could buy some vegetables from him and of course I could....
the thing is that he didn't want any money....told me he was honoured that I wanted to look at his fields and that I took time to talk to his wife and him...first time the village had a white visitor...then he said that it's greener and more water in Yamuna river in august so please come back....
of course I have to...who can say no to freshly picked vegetables and friendly faces!
by the way, when he saw the picture of himself he just laughed....

so what did I get?


and lots of coriander and mint....
hmmm, I wonder what I will make ??





No comments:

Post a Comment