Sunday, May 4, 2014

Harvest time means building straw huts..or hats ?

it kind of looks like a straw hat doesn't it ?....
but I haven't seen any straw hats on anyone at all....

the farmers are busy building these huts to store the food for the animals...
all done by hand....straws in bunt and weaved etc. are used to hold the hut together...


this family was busy in the making...


see the round base with the colourful pieces of fabric...then you see some material already prepared on the ground...


wonder of it's the same technique that they use back home when doing the old straw roofs ?
  

I do wonder if this really holds up when the monsoon rains starts ? I guess it depends on how many layers of straws they put in on the roof....


ooops, they saw me....
an old lady in the family came walking in and told them....and all of a sudden the work stopped....all smiling faces....
I decided to let them go on with their work in the scorching sun....


I remembered that I did see some really nice huts when driving from Faterphur Sikri...
 these seems to be built with another technique...

at home home I do have some really nice straw hats !! my dads old ones...
and I have bought one big "ladylike" here....
good protection against the sun
needed here ....not so sure how much back home ?






No comments:

Post a Comment