Sunday, May 18, 2014

Elephant bridge in Delhi

on our tour the other day we asked our guide to take us to elephant bridge ....
and we where lucky.....there was a mahout and two elephants.....
driving there we didn't know if any elephants would be around...
would have been fun if they where having a bath in the Yamuna....
well well,  I guess we where lucky to see these up close...


on top of the hill this lady was just kind of hanging around... she wasn't chained ! 
but the male who was down the hill was....I heard him because


he was having a dirt bath..he was picking up sand and dirt and threw it on his back....


the mahout walked with us so that we could touch the elephants...it's kind of a weird feeling....
but they are such beautiful animals...


a couple of years ago Delhi had lots of elephants but nowadays there's a law preventing individuals from owning elephants and even though the mahout manages the animals, these are also considered government property and can't be bought or sold.....soon enough it will likely only be possible to catch a sight of these magnificent creatures inside zoos...
maybe it's best for the animals ?


they have really tiny eyes for being such a big animal, don't they ?


hahaha....
it looks like she's sitting on the wall as the humans ......



when I got closer it was like she wanted to play hide and seek....she came closer...moved around....


"I found the perfect hiding place"


"now you can't see me ! " or " Run and hide I'm counting "
it was so funny to see...


thruth is, I think she was just tired because she was leaning against the tree....
I scratched her ear and she seemed to like that because when I stopped she moved her head and looked at me....

this was yet another memorable moment in this incredible country called India







No comments:

Post a Comment