Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Smurfs popped up in my mind...

at the foot of the Aravalli hills in the outskirts of Gurgaon I found this temple....
 I saw all these colours from far away..that's what got me interested ......and I saw a little pink temple at the top of the hill...life around the temples are usually interesting....
and this time was no exception


it's amazing how much effort that is put in on all these temples...


bells are always present ...


when I saw this huge colourful statue I thought of Disney figures and the smurfs....




this was the biggest holy cow I have ever seen.....it was a whole village of cows...
again the effort put in at this place....


a dog greeted me into the temple....she wasn't in the best shape though.....so I kept my distance...



on my way to the hill top pink temple....


I didn't count the steps up but it took a while..took the picture when I was almost at the top...
I think that I'm in quite good shape but this climb really wore me out...38 degrees celsius and no water also helped....the truth is that both my calves cramped when I climbed down again.....so this visit stayed with me for three days....
I couldn't use me legs the day after !
it was a nice view from the top though....little hazy .....too hazy to get any good pictures....


a couple of families lived in and around the temple....this man was one of them...


also part of the village around the temple..


I'm happy that I managed to get any picture at all of this beautiful blue bird...
it was really tiny....but look at that colour....
don't know the name of it though....maybe you do ?

enjoy your saturday












No comments:

Post a Comment