Monday, April 21, 2014

A snake charmer outside the walls of Fatephur Sikri

walking back to the car through the " tourist trap " area I saw this snake charmer....
("tourist trap" area is a small village of small shop with over prized touristy things)...


he had a boa also....interesting...


but the poor thing had it's jaw wrapped up like a package...I guess he didn't want it to "eat" anything while performing....


I did pet it....strange feeling...warm but kind of nice....


I didn't pet the cobra even though I think they have removed their fangs....
they do look cool when shooting up of the baskets


they banned owning a snake in India in 1972 ! therefor making it really hard being a snake charmer....
I guess that's why you don't see that many around...


I could get my picture taken with the boa around my neck....I just didn't want to be that touristy ....
 he did show me all the pictures taken of tourists...I just gave him some money anyhow...


poor thing...looks like it has been bit by something in the side...


we left and he put the lids back on the baskets and put the boa in a sack.....waiting for some other tourists...a chance to earn some rupees .....
I was happy that I got some nice pictures of a dying trade....

monday again...
but I guess in some parts of the world it's a holiday today so for the ones of you that do get an extra day off from work...
enjoy....
I'm starting my day in the pool
see ya..

No comments:

Post a Comment