Friday, March 7, 2014

City Palace in Jaipur

I must say that the Mughal architectures way back in time really had skills...the splendour in this palace is amazing...
so a little quick look at how the rulers lived ever since the first half of the 18th century.....


Rajendra Pol a gateway with two large elephants each carved from a single block of marble...


 Diwan-i-Khas beautifully decorated and it also holds...


the worlds two largest silver objects(according to Guiness Book of Records)...two urns which carried sacred Ganges water for Madho Singh 2's visit to London in 1901 !...they where huge...you can actually see the reflections of Mr M and myself...



the Diwan-i-Khas courtyard reminds me of ginger bread houses...you now when we decorate them with icing sugar...actually the whole city of Jaipur is kind of a like a ginger bread village....but peach instead of brown....by the way I thought this guard was sleeping so I had to zoom in and see....
he was looking at me !




Pritam Chowk, courtyard of Chandra Mahal...this part of the palace is not open to the public but they say it is extravagantly decorated... all 7 floors....the courtyard, Pritam Chowk, court of the beloved, has 4 beautifully decorated door ways representing the seasons..my favourites...


the famous peacock doorway....


in 3D....I think I like the next one best...


 the summer doorway...the colours in this one and the painting...oh...love it...


I can't but wonder how often these paintings are being maintained ?....because they must be...



there was a school inside this old courtyard...the palace school...


I thought I'd show you some pictures from outside the palace walls also..this is one of the bazaar streets of Jaipur...see what I mean with the peach colour ....it's just a neat little city...around 3 million people but felt smaller and cleaner....



the old city wall has many entrances and they are all decorated....I just wish we'd had one more day so that I could have wondered the streets of the bazaars....I'll do that the next time...
now I'm going to have my coffee on the balcony in the sun !....so I guess I will see you in my next post....the last sightseeing in Jaipur... Jantar Mantar.



No comments:

Post a Comment