Sunday, March 2, 2014

Anokhi Muesum of hand printing..

I'm so happy that I have a husband who didn't mind gong with me to Anokhi museum of hand printing....he's not into fabrics and all that but I guess he enjoyed the history behind this craftsmanship....


view from Amber Fort and somewhere behind this temple is Anokhi museum...I even enjoyed the drive over there....small narrow alleyways....village life....


the museum is right next to Kheri Gate...


beautiful old house...neatly renovated into the museum....


three story building with everything there is to know about hand printing..block printing....


the block print carver working in a corner of this courtyard......


he worked with his small chisels


and an old drill used by hand...he made it look really easy...many years of training behind this...and just look at all those patterns and blocks....he showed us how many different blocks was needed to get certain patterns...and I even got a tiny little block as a gift ...


then we entered the part that I really wanted to see..the printer....



he started out with indigo....



then he added yellow...with a steady hand he printed a new layer in the old pattern....looked so easy...



then he added the green layer...


and a orange one....wow...many years of practise behind this skill....


this is what he did....and guess what I got the two pieces as a memory...
what I also wanted to see was the dying of the fabrics and when they hang them up to dry and I found out how to get there so...guess what ? yes, we did go there so there will be a post about that spot....


when we where leaving a flock of goats came in through the gates and immediately started eating of the palm trees...these ones are really sticky and feels like needles but I guess they where yummy....


she gathered her goats with another woman...


and off they went....
since I am so fascinated by people I did get some pictures from around the museum in the village...think I will show them in my next post....
have a really lazy sunday around the world






No comments:

Post a Comment