Thursday, March 20, 2014

A short evening walk in Abohar

When visiting a new place I want to get out and look around....so we had a short one last night.....
it turned out to be more interesting for all the villagers, I think....the longer we walked the longer the line that was following us...I don't think that it's common to see three white people walking around in this rural village of around 300 000 people.....the jungle drums where talking....it actually reached the police who called the schools staff !!!to ask if we needed protection !


a charpai maker, a cot maker....


skills...looked so easy but he's been doing this for many years...


Punjab does grow cotton....first time I actually saw it picked and ready to be prepared....



a cotton flattening machine !


and next to it he had a flower grinder.....


 many many donkeys  .....


cute animals...


this guys beard was just so cool....kind of like Hemingway....


it wasn't until I looked at the picture at home I saw that it actually was the same guy sitting in the shop that's on the banner.....



different kind of auto rickshaw....


a typical Indian bus....cheaper tickets if you ride on the roof !


a beautiful Indian family...3 generations !

it's really different around here compared to Delhi and Gurgaon....rural area but I like it because it's so green and the air feels so much better....
it's so fantastic to get the chance to see different parts of India...and I think this is an area I wouldn't see if it hadn't been for the school......lucky me ha ?anyhow
lunch is over and I need to get back into he coaching part with the teachers ....
see ya'



No comments:

Post a Comment