Sunday, February 16, 2014

Shopped with the experts around Nehru Place..

the other day I joined the swedish shopping experts for some shopping at a new place for me.....the experts are some of the swedish housewives that has lived in Delhi a lot longer than I have and they know their away around the markets,melas,haats,streets and alleys of Delhi...I need to walk in their footsteps so that I can find all the treasure places because sadly some of them are leaving Delhi in a near future...after a swedish "fika with semlor" (oh my good so yummy) we
 headed for fabric stores at Nehru place...but I'll have to get back to you with a post about fabric later because I was so overwhelmed of all I saw....
this post is all about what I saw around Nehru place..I think I could have bought anything and everything there...


up from a balcony I saw this vendor selling used books....had to get closer...


looked like he really enjoyed his life as book vendor....I don't think he even noticed any of us...


there's something about books that I like....especially when I see many....


I could get jeans,pants...also brands...kind of difficult to try them on though...need to plan what to wear next time...got a good tip from one of the experts ! and tshirts and sweaters and phone covers ....and


toys anyone....


guess you have got to have some patience when going through the piles of all the clothes but again did see some brands I know....bags and jackets and 


shoes shoes and more shoes...and


this guy was selling some kind of dry flower that you put in water and it came to life...kind of looked like broccoli flowers when dry ....and 


dvd's , cd's and games .....all in hindi....
for me this was a fantastic day...I touched fabric and was in heaven....found a great store to buy shawls...and I got so many tips from the experts....thank you ladies...
can't wait until next time !


No comments:

Post a Comment