Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Marigold mallas made my morning

just inside the gates at one of the temples pretty close to where I live I saw this malla vendor inside his little both early yesterday morning....he looked so sceptical first but after a few shots he kind of warmed up....



see there.... a little smile ....
...on a morning when everything is kind of grey you cant help but look at the flowers-mallas....I was instantly in a better mood...well, his little smile also helped (and the fact that the guys around where so jealous that I took his picture and not theirs) you see I wasn't aloud to walk any further with my camera....everyone could walk in with their phones but no camera ! 
what else to do than get some more pictures of the mallas of course...



I see temples all over and everywhere around here and I can't imagine how many of these mallas are used in  puja's everyday all over India !! how many are employed in the chain of this until it's finally bought from someone ? has got to be unimaginable high numbers ....
well, I got to go but I will be back....maybe sooner than you think !








No comments:

Post a Comment