Friday, January 24, 2014

Words have power

that's what got me thinking the other day....I was at school working and heard kids saying not so nice things to each other and since this wasn't the first time I heard things like " you are a big fat cow".....
"you're so stupid" etc. it got me thinking....
do we actually realise how much power there's in just one word...or the power in which way we say it....do we talk to our kids about how words can hurt....especially important these days when you can be  anonymous on internet or over the phone....I don't think it matters if it's said out loud or if it's sent ...words can still hurt and it effects the one who's targeted...
do we reflect over the words we use ? Can I make myself clear without using condescending words..even if I'm really mad ? ... this is what made me do these pictures of words....to make the kids think about words and the meaning...



I just love this word....do you know what it means ? google it and you'll find out why this turned out to be a really good one here in India....





the wall of words....
my contribution to awareness ! even if it's as simple as a word.

ps.I did make one to Mr M's office....and guess what ?
 it says...words have power.




No comments:

Post a Comment