Sunday, October 20, 2013

Today was all about snorkelling

after five dives I needed a day off....my body is aching in the most strange places so....good choice to relax....and just go snorkelling....

you can tell that the earth is really round...

there's a pump house just outside the artificial reef and they told us that would be a good spot to see 
sharks and lots of life under water...so true so true....I had a close encounter with a "big" black tipped reef shark...I'm sure he liked me because he was like 2 decimetres away from me and circled around 
twice....my heart stopped and I froze....like that's easy in choppy waters...he could hear my heartbeat in the water ....at least I could...I was so scared....it's a big difference between snorkelling with these creatures and diving...anyhow...I learned something about myself today....not sure if it was good or bad to learn but anyhow....here's a medley of some of the creatures I saw today....



well, this guy doesn't need any introduction.....scaring the living daylights out of an old lady like that...


a Five-stripe wrasse and powder-blue surgeon babies...


a roundheaded parrotfish and female checkerboard wrasse



parrotfish and trumpetfish


Bridled parrotfishes


powder-blue surgeon fish (Doris in Nemo ) and damselfish ( I think )



Blue-spine unicorn fish...I did see a big spotted unicorn also but at that time no battery left...


barracuda 


Picasso trigger fish and a humbug dascyllus !


double saddled butterflyfish


Eye-stripe surgeonfish


a Small Spotted Dart


titan trigger fish


black-spotted puffer fish

amazing..isn't it ? 
it's like swimming around in an aquarium....just a very big one....
























No comments:

Post a Comment