Saturday, October 19, 2013

it rained this morning !

but who cares when you're in paradise and you're going diving...again....
it's so much fun and especially now when we are 7 family members going out together.....
youngest one 11 and the eldest 53....it really is a family activity....

Anna and Emilia

this morning we went back to Lankan Manta Point 
and guess what......we got to see Manta again...right at the beginning of the dive two of them swam towards us! a big one and a smaller one....
it's really amazing to see them fly away soundlessly...

The second dive was at Maagiri Cave ...

Mr M and Ella

this was a long dive ...an hour under water....I had to buddy breathe with my buddy Mr M again because I somehow use up all the air .....meaning I've had to practise on buddy breathing on all my dives....
again lots to see...both corals and species
murray eels and turtles and caves and shoals of beautiful fishes....a slight drift and just a lot of fun 
I got to try my new red lens and see....it's working...better pictures ...I need to practise a lot more though....it's such a big difference being under water trying to take pictures....just to get in the water from the boat...one giant step and one hand on the mask, one on the weights, one on the regulator and one on the camera...hmmmm....need to be an octopus for this mission


this was the king of the throne.... on about 25 meters depth we found this giant honeycomb murray eel and his friend a grey murray eel and one more at the same spot ! he really looked like the king down there....


a big trigger fish...just one of many trigger fishes we have seen...most beautiful is the clown trigger fish...well at least that's what I think...
need to get him to pose for me .....


so beautiful and so many fishes...and our guide Momo...
Best thing with todays dive , according to our youngest diver Thea was the leaf fish she got to see...rare and small and colourful and you need to look closely at the coral reef and go really slow ...then you might be lucky enough to see it....


I wonder what we'll do tomorrow ?









No comments:

Post a Comment