Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Instead of a watchdog....

some people around here hires or buys langurs...Hanuman langurs....
( remember I blogged about a mail from a lady who wanted to know where to hire one )
I haven't actually thought about them since, but this morning on my way to practise in Delhi I saw this creature sitting on a wall....


what was that...was that a.......and it was...


I spotted the langur....someone has him as a guard against the "red ass monkeys", rhesus macaque.... in this area there are plenty of those ones....
isn't he beautiful ?...look at his hands and feet...I'm on guard here !
even though I talked to him and tried to get his attention he didn't even look at me....he only had his eyes on the other monkeys....


the hanuman langur is a slender black faced monkey with long hands and feet... purely vegetarian....


I sure hope they treat him well....and I hope to see him again...
I kind of would like to see him in action....because one langur against a flock of macaques..
hmm...he must be very good at his job !









No comments:

Post a Comment