Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Gurgaon, the city that barely existed two decades ago.

Gurgaon has grown from barely nothing to a city with plenty of shopping malls, golf courts,  apartment towers sprouting like concrete weeds and a futuristic commercial hub - Cyber city - that houses many of the worlds most respected cooperations. Today I stopped and looked at Cyber city from a distance
and tried to capture some pictures.....







Ericsson was actually one of the first companies to set up business in Gurgaon.....
Gurgaon is one of India's fastest growing districts....it has expanded more than 70 percent over the past decade..more than 2 million people now live here.
In the 70s this was a farming village whose name meant " village of the gurus ".  It had wild animals, similar to cows, known for their strange blueish tint. 
Those I haven't seen, but I sure wish I will.
So if anybody out there see the blue cows....please give me a call. 




No comments:

Post a Comment