Monday, August 5, 2013

Differences in styling....

As I told you before there are major differences between living in Sweden and living in India.
Now I have discovered another major one that really shows....at least when you are house hunting...

When selling or renting out your place in Sweden you make it look as good as you can (and then better) .....you do paint job, you clean it a couple of times, you put away things, you style it.....some even hire people to do it because they now they get the money back, you read the long checklist that the broker have on how and what to do.....so when you show it off it looks impeccable...you really show the potential off your place..you might even bake cinnamon buns right before the viewing because you know that the smell is really appealing to peoples minds, or at least open all the windows and get some really fresh air in, or light some candles that smells wonderful.
You can only imagine my surprise when I walk into places here.....they don't even clean it....no furniture....paint falling off the walls....it is so different and I must say that I find it  a lot more appealing to look at a place that looks nice and inviting...I tend to get stuck in the dirt here......( that is my mind tend to because it just looks ...not good....)
I'm not saying that what we are doing is better , it's just more appealing. I would think it would be easier to rent out or sell a place that looks inviting ......we have found a place that we do like though....in this building


so now we have to see what happens....




No comments:

Post a Comment