Monday, August 19, 2013

Creativity came over me today.....

and the fact that I had egg whites just waiting to be used.....you would think that in a country where these grow...


you would be able to buy almond flower...no no no, why should anything be easy.....
and nowhere did I find an almond grinder so what to do ? I got a coffee grinder instead.... and it worked out....have you guessed what I made ? or at least tried to 
next obstacle was no food scale....so I had to measure with my eyes?! 

before baking

The colours I had was orange or green so I went with the orange today. So far so good actually...I'm glad that I did bring one piece of silicon, for ever lasting baking "paper" with me from home....comes in handy when making macaroons.....again, trying to make macaroons...


they turned out ok...need more silicon baking paper though.....
the filling ?  chocolate !....didn't have any other choice today....


I'm quite pleased with my creativity considering I went on a hunch with all the measurements.....
and they actually taste as macaroons.
Now I'm just waiting for M to bring home some champagne to go with !
I think I'll have to wait for the weekend so I better put them in the freezer......
maybe one with the coffee...... want to taste ?







1 comment:

  1. I did not know you there was such a thing as s specific almond grinder, I always used a coffee grinder for everything before I got my Indian mixi, and that will do anything!

    ReplyDelete