Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Jagannath Temple Hauz Khas

Right outside the entrance to Hauz Khas village there's this white temple, Jagannath Temple. It sure does look different from other temples around here so of course I have been curious... the craftsmanship that has been put into making this temple is impressive



The temple is famous for it's annual Ratyhatra festival attended by thousands of devotees.
I haven't figured out when that is so..today I would have needed to speak Hindi.



Lord Jagannath meaning Lord of the universe looks like this


also 


Jagannath is worshipped as part of a triad on the jewelled platform along with his  brother Balabhadra and his sister Subhadra by his devotees. 

By now I guess you've figured out that I was in Hauz Khas today. I was on  a mission....( I ended up spending lots of time in the store because the rain hit and guess where I kept my umbrella ?
stupid little me left it in the car....as if it would come to use in there right...)


 for interior design at Country collection ! they have so many wonderful things.....I was at the small store at DT Mega mall the other day but they didn't have what I was looking for so.....
yes, I did find some nice things, but you will have to check in a couple of days to see what....
I did go to Lolas world also, of course, chatted with the ladies....looked at the sale...and can't wait to see   
the new designs from Chloe'....


What's this ? I wonder......

If you want to know where we are going for dinner tonight check in later and I'll show you.











No comments:

Post a Comment