Monday, June 17, 2013

Typical field in this part of Sweden

This morning my mother and I went for a drive and passed this field of  wild poppy's ( not puppies )....
and it's so typical for our part here in the south...



in the back you see rye or wheat growing ...a couple of weeks ago some fields where all yellow of rapeseed in bloom...

these are the rapeseeds in the back..you can imagine if they where in bloom in bright yellow...


one of the cutest words I know is poppy seed...in swedish vallmofrö....I better tell you that in this part of the world we don't grow poppy's to make drugs....most are wild ones and it's just for the beauty and also for the poppy seed....say poppy seed out loud and I promise that you'll smile


just outside our house these giant poppy's grow....I think they must have been planted in someones garden and then the seeds have been spread ...they are huge compared to the wild ones




No comments:

Post a Comment