Thursday, April 25, 2013

the house of Susanna

this is a before and after...no no not of me...that would be great though.( that´s an idea)...no it´s after about a week here and at the moment. As I told you when I started this blog we arrived with 3 suitcases, that´s all. I´m a big fan of interior design and all that but most blogs , at least in Sweden, are all the same. It´s white,shabby chic and all that and I think a lot of the places look the same.( I´m not saying that I´m any expert of interior design and I don´t mean to offend anybody) So while living here it´s fun to find new things....the only worry is " what if we want to bring some of the stuff back to sweden "when we leave? I´m not going to worry about that today because we´re not leaving for a while. I have learned that it takes time to make a new place a home - But the big question for all us expats is :What really makes a new place a home? and When does it feel like home? Is it what you put in it, is it what you bring from home, is it pictures, or the people living there or what ? I could go on and on about this but I won´t, at least nor for now ......
So here goes before ( after 1-2 weeks )of our living-dining room

and after, that is what it looks like today...

From the balcony looking in 


Smallest little writing desk I have ever found.
My holy cow pillow !

Found some really genuine Indian furnitures - pieces that I love

The dining table we actually bought already in october since Mats moved in in nov-12.


So what do you think ? Want to see more ? or do you wonder about anything you´ve seen ?












2 comments:

  1. vad fint att ni har flyttat det lilla skrivbordet till vardagsrummet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. det var så ensamt i det andra rummet ! blev bra....

    ReplyDelete