Tuesday, March 5, 2013

With 2 suitcases we arrived in our new country

Actually it´s a little white lie because we had 3 ! Imagine moving and imagine what you want to bring and then put all of that into 3 suitcases. They did weigh a little to much but still.
So ever since we arrived on the 12th of january I have been on a shopping spree.
We don´t have any IKEA ( yet ) where you can go and pick up almost everything you need. But you know what ?  Now when I think about it, that was actually a good thing because I have been all over and around and that´s how you learn about a new place. There might have been some times when I did say one or two bad words because it´s just so exhausting and so time--consuming. I never ever in a million years thought that I would say that I´m actually sick of shopping !!!! ( Do not tell my husband ) One of the first big things that I bought ( well, besides the bed of course ) was this huge mirror and some wonderful indian chairs. I was out shopping and they just jumped on me. ( the lady that runs the store Country Collection here in Gurgaon is just wonderful ) Anyhow, some things I buy using my math head ( now everybody who knows me should know that Mats is involved ) and some things I buy with my heart. This was such a buy and they really enjoy living at my place. Enough about our place for today. I´ll show you some pictures at another time.




I thought that some of you might not know so much about Ganesha.Yes it´s Ganesha who´s in my header. So here ´s a little lesson in Hinduism.
 Ganesh, Lord of Success , is widely revered as the Remover of Obstacles and more generally as the Lord of Beginnings and Lord of Obstacles, patron of arts and sciences and the deva of intellect and wisdom. He´s the son of Shiva and Parvati. He´s easy to recognize because of his elephant head. If you want to know how and why he got the head .....do look it up. I find it quite interesting with all the gods and stories. Here´s a picture of a painting I bought of an artist at the arts and craft museum in Delhi.
I´ll be back later with some yummmie? food and recipe.

2 comments: