Thursday, March 7, 2013

Gurgaon Connection

I´m back from the Gurgaon Connection meeting. It´s a network for us expats from all over the world.
Today was my first visit because today was actually a  get together for all of us newcomers. It was great to meet all these nice ladies and all the kids and, of course the oldcomers who have been here a while and have all the answers to our questions.
I met ladies from Denmark, South Africa, Korea, Japan, USA, UK, Thailand, Canada and Sri Lanka.
( I say ladies because it´s a fact that most of us are here because of our husbands work ) I got to talk a lot about Kunskapsskolan today. At one point it felt like I was out there to promote the school !
You may wonder why the need to meet other expats ? The answer is that all of this (country,culture,food,shopping,weather,where to go to do what,how to find help etc. ) is so different for everybody. In the beginning it´s frustrating not knowing anything. The language is somewhat different   (unless you speak Hindi, and I haven´t yet found any crash course in that ) even though a lot of Indians do speak english, or should I say Hinglish.
One thing that I have found is that being on time and to arrive at your appointments on time, or if you say   - I´ll come tomorrow, at least in Sweden we know that that´s a fact. People do make their appointments. we show up and on time and if we don´t we call and explain why not.  It´s a little different here, and I don`t want to offend anyone . It´s just not what I´m used to and that can sometimes be a little annoying and irritating.  (everybody who knows me know that I never get irritated right ? )
You know what IST stand for? You know about different timezones?  And where we are it´s actually IST+4.30 hours,( India standard Time ) but out here it stands for  India Stretchable Time ! and it can stretch I tell you.

Ok enough about things I cant do anything about. What I can do is brightening up your day. More colors anyone ? Just so that you get a little feeling of spring and summer . It´s coming sooner or later. Yesterday it was coral today I go blue. Hope you´ll enjoy and it makes you smile a little.


So what do I have here? Lets see: scarf and necklace from Fab India, earrings and the little turtle incense plate and the blue white jar from Spark, bracelets from Aswera,  bowl and glass from Tanini.  ooops almost forgot that the background is actually wrapping paper from Fab India.

Not feeling blue ........I hope

I´m out for a walk but I will be back. Maybe even later today.


No comments:

Post a Comment